DFI Reflection Session Tahi
What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
Great to begin the day with some history of the local Glen Innes area as well as the whakapapa of Manaiakalani. I look forward to continuing to learn more as we move through this programme. I was particularly inspired by the whanau voice captured, and their communication of wanting their tamariki and whanau to be able to have the same educational opportunities as some outer communities. Education is definitely a powerful tool in addressing issues of inequity and inequality and I am excited to be a part of this moving forward!!
What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
What did I learn that could be used with my learners?
What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
Great to begin the day with some history of the local Glen Innes area as well as the whakapapa of Manaiakalani. I look forward to continuing to learn more as we move through this programme. I was particularly inspired by the whanau voice captured, and their communication of wanting their tamariki and whanau to be able to have the same educational opportunities as some outer communities. Education is definitely a powerful tool in addressing issues of inequity and inequality and I am excited to be a part of this moving forward!!
What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
- Effective digital filing systems for ease of use!
- sharing of docs
- using the 'share' function as a small group learning tool
- Reframing my view of digital learning i.e. refer to the 'device' being the pencil and the 'cloud' as the exercise book...
- only ever use the 'underline' as a link from here onwards
What did I learn that could be used with my learners?
- formatting of pages - helpful with essay set up
- using the 'share' doc function as a small group learning tool...
What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
- as I become more comfortable in this 'digital' field I think planning will become more streamlined and thus there will be 'more' time to actually have a personal life?
Hi Whaea Trina- I enjoyed reading your reflection. The imagery in your 'Key Learnings' poster helped me to embrace the idea that the 'device' should be thought of as the pencil and the 'cloud' the book.
ReplyDelete